Sunday, January 8, 2012

Yoga Poses - third grade style

I just realized I hadn't posted these photos yet. During the beginning of the year, we were fortunate to have Liz come into our classroom several times to teach us some of the fundamentals of yoga. The students did a great job and wanted me to take pictures of them demonstrating the poses. There are some duplicates in poses below because I had such willing models. Above the first of each pose, I have written the Sanskrit name of the pose and also the English name of the pose.

Adho Mukha Svanasana - downward dog




Urdhua Mukha Svanasana - upward dog


Sun Salutation (end)

Tadasana - mountain pose


Meditation

Bakasana - crow pose (This is an extremely difficult balance pose.)



Vrksasana - tree pose

Virabhadrasana 1 - Warrior 1

Virabhadrasana 2 - Warrior 2
Virabhadrasana 3 - Warrior 3



Savasana - corpse pose (You can see why this is a final relaxation pose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment